Love quotes can inspire us to see ourselves and others in a way that we hadn’t thought about before. Below are 10 of my favorite love quotes from well-known artists and historical figures.
But first, here is a little historical background on a famous love quote and how it united people all around the world during a difficult time in history.
Did you know that in 1967, an estimated global audience of 350 million watched the Beatles perform their famous song ‘All you need is love’, as part of the first live world-wide satellite broadcast.
In a time where the country was being torn by the war in Vietnam, riots and looting, those simple words ‘All you need is love’ reached the hearts of thousands of people in one single powerful way.
In his article for Rolling Stone magazine, titled ‘The Beatles Make History With ‘All You Need Is Love’: A Minute-by-Minute Breakdown‘, Edwards Gavin talks about the song’s global impact. Here is an excerpt below:
‘All you need is love’
hit Number One all over the world, providing
the sing-song anthem for the
Summer of Love,
with a sentiment that was simple but profound.”
10 Beautiful Love Quotes:
Below are some of my favorite love quotes that are sure to inspire you and brighten up your day just a little bit more.
- “I feel there is nothing more artistic than loving people.” This quote is from Vincent Van Gogh.
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” This quote is from Karolina Kurkova.
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” This quote is from Bob Marley.
- “I’m a movement by myself but I’m a force when we’re together”. This quote is from famous rapper Fabolus from his song titled “Make Me Better”.
- “I don’t know how you do what you do. I’m so in love with you. It just keeps getting better”. This quote is from a beautiful country song by Lonestar.
- “But it was you who let everything into my heart, and it was you who once again awoke my spirit.” This quote is from Sigur Rós.
- “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you, when mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. This quote is from Led Zeppelin.
- “You’re my downfall, you’re my muse. My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues.” This quote is from John Legend from his song titled “All of me”.
- “Cupid doesn’t lie, but you won’t know unless you give it a try.” This quote is from 90s R&B group 112, from their song titled “Cupid”.
- “Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can’t help falling in love with you.” This quote is from UB40, from their famous song titled “Falling in Love with you”.
Have Love Quotes You’d Like to Share?
Do you have a favorite love quote that you would like to share with us? If so, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to post your love quotes or comments below!
Want to see more articles on love, dating, and relationships? If so, check out our latest Love related articles.